20090424

Portsmouth, New Hampshire -- (1) Strawbery Banke

One cloudy weekend in April, I drove to New Hampshire alone. Actually, I had no definite destination before leaving Boston. My purpose was just to travel as many places as possible while I was in New England. I drove north on I-93, heading toward New Hampshire. I thought, why don't I go to New Hampshire? The only place I had ever been in New Hampshire was the White Mountains. Therefore, I checked the travel book and set the destination on the GPS. I decided to go to Portsmouth first.


49400019
Portsmouth is not a big city. Even though it was Saturday, I could sense the slow tempo of this city. I easily found a parking space on Main St. Of course, Main Street is the main street of the city. There was a brewery next to my parking space.



49400022
A road bike parked on the sidewalk.



49400023
A cute garden in front of an old brick house.




49400025
Empty swings in a small park



49400026
Following the travel book, I went to the Stawbery Banke, an outdoor museum in a historical community in Portsmouth. Standing on the old, rocky street and looking at the eighteenth century buildings, people feel as if they were back in the past.



49400027
A "horse" swing made from an old tire. I was not so sure that it was an eighteenth century product!



49400030
There was a cute bird house in front of a historical building, an exact replica of the building.



49400028
As I walked toward a carpenter's house, it was obvious that there was someone working here, but I did not see anyone.



49400029
An antique-looking wooden wheel was standing against a fence.



49400032
A saw was hanging on the door.



_EPS1424
After hesitating a few moments, I stepped into the house. I took a picture of this worktable. As I was snapping the picture, the host walked in. He told me a bit about the history of the house and his work.


This museum offers a opportunity to image how people lived and worked in the past.

By EPSON R-D1s, Leica M7 + NOKTON 50/F1.5, Color-Skopar 21/F4, Biogon ZM35/F2

7 comments:

300-Rabbit said...

Super cool~!!!

The ultra-wide-angle shots are excellent!! And the little place looks just beautiful and cozy! I wish someday I could be there, too.

By the way, since you've been to NH, you should go to Dartmouth...

Rudolph said...

Dartmouth?!
I will try to go there during my trip of Vermont and Maine.

Reggie said...

這鞦韆一直讓我想起空中監獄的馬里蘭屠夫= =

EACH said...

那台腳踏車是IF Ti CJ
起跳價 USD3850

EACH said...

補充一下
是車架的價格...

Rudolph said...

那不就才你的車一半不到的價錢?

EACH said...

No,是你的VXR啦