20100404

Jioufen in a dust storm

I'd forgotten when I went to Jioufen last time. Because Maiko, one of my classmates in Boston, asked to visit there, Tung and I drove to Jioufen, a village full of tourists. Honestly speaking, I didn't like Jioufen very much. Souvenir stores selling similar products blurred the intrinsic style of Jioufen. However, we're tourists as well. How can we define "the essence of Jioufen?" It's a paradox.


Film_135_100325_Reala_ACE_07
A dust storm from China made it foggy.



Film_135_100325_Reala_ACE_09
There are a lot of narrow stairs and lanes.



Film_135_100325_Reala_ACE_15



Film_135_100325_Reala_ACE_16



Film_135_100325_Reala_ACE_14
I had never gone to tea houses in Jioufen before this visiting. I thought they gave poor service to foreigners only. I didn't want to pay money to see their poker faces. However, visiting this tea house, I was wrong. After we walked in the shop, the waitress introduced all the items in fluent Japanese. The service is so good that I was willing to pay the expensive fee.

A lot of people in tourist industry said that Taiwan needs more and more Chinese tourists to raise our tourist industry. They should come here to learn what the good service is. In my point of view, such kind of great service will attracts more worldwide tourists and backpackers. They should improve their poor service and facilities. Better qualities create more profits than more quantities do.


Film_135_100325_Reala_ACE_21


Film_135_100325_Reala_ACE_22

All by Leica M7 + Fuji Reala ACE

4 comments:

TOTOPA said...

寫得好,個人也深深感覺無形的質比有形的量更重要。對了,是哪一間茶坊有這麼好的服務,有EP-1拍的室內照片嗎?

TOTOPA

Rudolph said...

Thanks! Ricky.

這間是阿本仔的旅遊書上介紹的『阿妹茶館』。

這次剛好沒帶 E-P1,要不然一定要拿您的電影鏡大拍特拍的.....

BTW, 我 R-D1s 的 Range Finder 送修回來以後沒多久馬上又跑了,不知道您可否告知有哪邊對於調整 Range Finder 很在行的?

::: Pinggis's Works ::: said...

Yes! Last time I visit there, got the same service like you mention...something will be changed if being competitive...

Rudolph said...

小平兄

同意您的觀點!
只是在九份的這些高價位茶館,我看到的是良性的競爭。

然而在大多數的地方,似乎是惡性競爭居多。
扣掉在情感上認為,過度依賴陸客對產業造成的影響是負面的。但不論是哪一國來的觀光客,如果是用賣假阿里山茶這種快速大撈一筆的心態在做生意,恐怕生意做不長久........